Here are the answers to the most frequently asked questions-
- Is there any fee to participate in the contest?
- Who can participate?
Delaware are eligible to apply. Girls must reside in the United States.
- Can I participate in a Team?
members are required to get the individual Parent Consent forms signed by their respective parents.
- How many students are required to enter as a Team Project?
research report document, and YouTube video. However, it’s the responsibility of the team members to communicate with each other and decide
which team member will serve as a designated point of contact on the project. This point of contact will be responsible for submitting for the
application and all the required paper work (such as Research Report (pdf form) and the Parent Consent Forms of all members (pdf form).
- Do you provide mentors/ mentor-ship?
other local professionals. However, the work submitted for the project should be the students’ own and not of the mentors.
- What do I have to do to participate?
prepare a project report and a YouTube video (not more than 2 minutes in length). Make sure to provide a link to your YouTube video on the
cover-sheet of your project report as well as on the Application Form. Fill out the online Application Form at the link provided on this website at the
Competition Application page. For any further questions about application submission contact us at: email@example.com
- What can lead to disqualification of my entry?
disqualified. Entries that fail to comply with the competition guidelines (as listed on our website) will also be disqualified.
- What should I include in a video?
behind the problem you are trying to solve. Brief description of the scientific methods or engineering design steps you followed to get to your
solution. Brief description of your results with demonstration of your prototype. What challenges you encountered and how you solved them.
A conclusion summarizing how your solution/product has helped solve the problem or advanced the scientific knowledge.
- Do I have to make a video?
to submit the video that is fine but it will affect your overall scores and your standing in the competition.
- Do I have to make my video public?
parents’ permission. However, in order for us to evaluate your entry, you must share your private video link with us using
For further information on how to share your private video on YouTube, there are several helpful videos on YouTube (for
example, this one here) to guide you through the process.
- What if my prototype is not functioning?
the components of the project. If your prototype does not work, you might want to include what steps you took to troubleshoot. As a budding
scientist or inventor, what matters the most is the steps you took or the process/methods you followed. Every component of your project will
be assessed independent of other components.
- How will my entry be judged?
- What do the winners get?
- Do you provide travel expense to attend the annual award ceremony?
- Where will the awards ceremony be hosted?
be notified via email.
- I would like to volunteer. Who should I contact?
- I would like to sponsor/donate who should I contact?
- I'm interested in writing a story about The STEM Project. Who do I contact?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- My question is not answered above. How do I contact you?